The timepieces that we are offering at this auction are coming from all over the world and from some of the most prominent collections.
An incredibly impressive selection of truly rare Rolex Daytonas. A stunning and rare Cartier watch. A Patek Philippe in platinum from the 1920s, coming to auction for the first time, the John Goldberger Calatrava, which is one of the most sought-after reference 530s, to name but a few.
Session I: Saturday 21 October, 2:30 PM – lots 1 to 108
Session II: Sunday 22 October, 10:30 AM – lots 109 to 172
Session III: Sunday 22 October, 2:30 PM – lots 173 to 281
195 Patek Philippe Very Fine and Precious, Fancy Lugs, Wristwatch in Platinum, Diamond Set Indexes Dial, With Extract from the Archives and Box, Reference 2429
Estimate: € 20,000 – 40,000
Sold € 23,400
Model: Fancy Lugs
Case Material: Platinum
Bracelet Material: Leather Strap
Case N°: 422894
Movement N°: 959 665
Dimensions: 31 mm
Signed: Dial, Movement and Case
Accessories: Box, Extract from the Archives
The baroque design of the reference 2429 with elongated spider-leg shaped lugs, definitely shows Patek’s 1950s proportions and is nowadays highly coveted amongst collectors. In production from 1948 until 1953, the unusual elongated, stepped claw lugs that embellish the circular case of the 2429 became immediately recognizable and so are today. Manufactured in full platinum and paired with an elegantly aged silvered diamond hour markers dial, all these features render this watch one of Patek Philippe’s most exclusive post-war designs. To the best of our knowledge, including the present watch, around 12 examples of this model cased in platinum with this configuration have been manufactured and not even 10 have been offered at public auction. Nicely preserved, the beauty of the present lot is enhanced by its slightly patinated silvered dial, topped with a set of feuille hands and small seconds sub dial that perfectly complements its case. The watch comes with the extract from the archives confirming material, production in 1952 and subsequent sale on 17 June 1953.