Exclusive Timepieces 31 October 2020 | Monaco

Auction Details

Morning Session:
Lots 1 – 100, starting at 10:30 AM CET
Afternoon Session:
Lots 101 – 264, starting at 2:30 PM CET

Monaco Legend Group is focusing, in this Autumn Auction Catalogue, to offer a variety of beautiful timepieces where the winning point has to be the combination between rarity, quality and price.

71 Patek Philippe Elegant Calatrava Wristwatch in Pink Gold, Reference 2573, Retailed by Gobbi Milano. Accompained by the Extract from the Archives

Estimate: € 4,000 –⁠ 8,000

Sold € 7,280

Lot Description

Model: Calatrava
Reference: 2573
Case Material: Pink Gold
Bracelet Material: Leather strap
Year: 1957
Movement: Manual
Caliber: 10-200
Case N°: 424052
Movement N°: 746944
Dimensions: 33 mm
Signed: Case, dial, movement
Accessories: Extract from the archives

Just in the year in which Pollock abandoned this world, 1956, Patek released the very elegant reference 2573. In production until around 1971, this model uses simplicity as its strong point, becoming the perfect watch for every occasion, whether it is elite or every day. The watch offered here is an exponent of this reference made in 18-karat yellow gold, with its thin case still perfectly preserved. The dial, also limited to the strictly necessary and characterized by a prominent geometry, sees homogeneity between the thin yellow-gold hands and the indexes, and is even more special is the rare signature in the middle, Gobbi Milano. Gobbi is one of the most important retailers in Italian history, born initially in Modena in 1842 from the desire of the watchmaker Riamondo Gobbi who obtained the title of “Real Court Watchmaker” directly from the Grand Duke in 1852. His younger son, Giuseppe, contributed to the development of the company and in 1896 he moved to Milan, opening his own workshop in Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 15 where is still located nowadays. Accompanied by a Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in rose gold in 1957 and its subsequent sale on 30 August 1957.